Sunday, April 5, 2009

7:14 ?

Well, how did it go?

Did I achieve my goal? Nope.
Was I happy with my run? Absolutely!

I did not average 7:14 miles. The large crowd could be an adequate excuse if I were searching for one, but I dont feel the need. I'm happy with my performance. I ran a 45:51, averaging a 7:22 mile. That is easily my best time, which in and of itself is a reason to be happy, however there is so much more that I'm happy about. Unlike in past races, I did not overexert myself early in the race. In fact, my slowest 3 miles were my first three. I finished fairly strong and that is what I'm most proud of. My splits were:
      Mile 1:   7:59
      Mile 2:   7:27
      Mile 3:   7:25
      Mile 4:   7:00
      Mile 5:   7:16
      Mile 6:   6:59
the pesky extra
 0.2 miles:   6:36 pace

I'm very happy with the results and my best time ever. On top of all that, Stacy also had her best time ever. It was awesome for both of us to continue to get better. May the progress continue!

It was a great day... and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment