Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Idol

Since I've been lacking inspiration to blog, I'll give my take on Idol last night.

I like the new format of only 3 advancing from the 12 that sang last night (top male, top female and the next person with the most votes). That being said, the contestants made it easy to have that perspective. In my opinion 7 of them eliminated themselves before voting ever started, leaving only 5 to compete for the 3 spots. Of course, as in the past, there could be a fan base out there to push someone through despite a terrible performance. We will see.

Highs and Lows of the night:

Lows:
- If any of these three make it through, I'm going to assume that friends and family put them through by repeated voting. They were absolutely dreadful.
Stevie Wright
Brent Keith
Casey Carlson


Highs:

To me, these two were on the bubble.
Ann Marie Boskovich
Michael Sarver

Both are likable and can really sing as we've seen in the past, but just didn't do it justice last night.


The hands down best three (to me):
(1) Danny Gokey - last performance of the night. He was the best male, so he should advance. I usually agree with Simon, but this time I thought Randy, Paula, and Cara nailed it. Danny blew everyone off the stage.

(2) Tatiana Nicole Del Toro - As much as it pains me to say it, she was by far the best female, which should advance her to the next round. Her downfall could be her personality in Hollywood. People may not vote for her for that reason alone, but she was the best female performer last night.

(3) Anoop Desai - Anoop has been great every time they've shown him. Although last night was not the best that we've seen from him, it was still better than the rest of the bunch (besides Danny and Tiatiana).


Take my opinions with a grain of salt, but that is how I see it. Michael or Ann Marie could sneak in and I'd not be upset about it, but Danny, Tatiana, and Anoop should advance.

1 comment:

  1. 2 wrongs; 1 by me, 1 By America.

    I underestimated Alexis Grace. A friend of mine told me that if I watched it back again, I'd see how good she was. He was right. It was obvious that I used half her song last night as my restroom break. She definitely deserves to be in the top 12.

    Although I like Michael and mentioned that I'd not be upset if he made it, I am disappointed in Anoop not qualifying. I think he outperformed Michael. I guess I'll bank on him getting through in the wild card round.

    ReplyDelete