Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Fitness Challenge

Tomorrow is the race. I posted after the Hot Summer's Night race that I was torn as to whether to run the 5K or 15K on Labor Day. I opted for the 5K. After all, I did fall short of my goal last time. Let's give this thing another shot!

A year ago I sat watched Stacy run the Labor Day Fitness Challenge 5K. She did very well and is now totally hooked on road races (as you may have gathered from my previous posts). Last year I kept the kids during the race and then we let them run the kids race, as well as some other "fun races", like a 3-legged race etc... They loved it and actually walked away with some medals from the fun races. Tomorrow the shoe is on the other foot. Stacy is keeping the kids and I'm doing the race. Of course the boys are back for more, hoping to repeat as champs in the 3-legged race. It should be a very fun day. I know the boys and I will enjoy it. I just hope Stacy has a good time too. I know it's tough sitting and watching!

My race goal is once again to break a 7:00 mile pace. A 6:59 pace comes out to a final clock time of 21:41 or less. I want to keep a stady pace again, but this time I wont stop at water stations. Instead I'm taking my hydration belt. That should really help. Wish me luck!

Another thing - I'm going to steal this from Stacy's blog. My running play list.
Tomorrow's list is below. Keep in mind that although I'll only be running 20-22 minutes, my list is about an hour long. That is because when I loose interest mid-song, I scan for a good song to get me pumped up. Anyway here is tomorrow's list:
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Nookie - Limp Bizkit
One Step Closer - Linkin Park
Boom - P.O.D.
Stupify - Disturbed
Lord Give Me a Sign - DMX
Anything, Anything - Dramarama
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
O.P.P. - Naughty By Nature
Bullet With A Name - Nonpoint
Bodies - Drowning Pool
Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy
Becoming the Bull - Atreyu
I Get Off - Halestorm
Between Angels And Insects - Papa Roach
Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects
What Do I Have to Do? - Stabbing Westward


Results to come after the race...

1 comment:

  1. Good one on fitness and it helps a lot.

    Thanks,
    Karim - Mind Power

    ReplyDelete