Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Running

Well, to catch you up on how running is going...

I have to touch on a negative first. My "tendinitis" in my hip (if that is really what it is) is really flaring up again. It pisses me off, but I hold steadfast. When in pain, I run less. When I feel good, I run more. It's no perfect science; just good common sense.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my last post, Stacy Incorporated a half marathon into her training last weekend. I have to give her major props for that one. I aspire to run a half by the end of the year... that is THE GOAL. It's not a step along the path. It is THE goal for 2009. She did it as part of her training. Awesome! I have no doubt she'll reach her goal of finishing the Marine Corp Marathon.

Me? Well, I've established better habits and have been running more than in the past. I'd say that I average 10-12 miles per week. However, this past week I had gone about a week without running (hip issue again!) and I decided to go out for a run. As I was about to finish my 3.9 mile route, I decided to make a turn into another neighborhood. I had intended to extend my run to a 5 miler... turned out to be a 6.3 miler. Booya! On top of that, I averaged 8:00 minute miles. Without having run for time, I was quite happy with that accomplishment. Now I just need to build on that one. I'm trying to decide.... Myrtle Beach half marathon? Kiawah half? or maybe even a trip back to Vegas for a the Rock and Roll half marathon? I'm pushing for the last one, but we will see. Right now I'm just pumped about having thrown in a 6.3 mile run without it being a race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment