Friday, July 17, 2009

Promotion?

In an earlier post I mentioned that I'd talk more about work soon:
Actually I said:
   "Work - I'm really enjoying what I'm working on and have more exciting work coming down soon. I wont bore you with details, but I have to touch on this one."

So what did I mean? Well, first off the database projects that I've been working on are really worthwhile. I've enjoyed working on them, but more more importantly than that was what I knew was on the horizon.

A few months back I was called in and told about an opportunity. I had high hopes and effective Monday, July 20th... the opportunity will be realized. It's an amazing opportunity; not even really a promotion as much as it is a career change. As much as I enjoy my job as a Database Administrator, I cant wait to transition to my new role as...... Assistant Director of Corporate Planning and Development. Thant has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
There will be a huge learning curve and according to management, it will take years to get up to speed. It's a big jump but I'm ready for it and I'm certain that I'll enjoy the work. But first I'll be spending some time training my replacement as DBA. It should be a fun, but crazy next couple of months in me training someone else and me starting my own training. I cant wait!

Anyway, that is the big news that has me totally ecstatic. Now you know!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! and yes, i love the shortened title of your new position! michael, the ass dir. :-)

    ReplyDelete