Monday, June 30, 2008

Other Highlights

A few other highlights from our trip:

(1) Both kids found a shark's tooth. Well, Jackson found one. Then Stacy and I stashed away a shell to give to Alex that looked like a sharks tooth to be used in the event that he didn't find one. Fortunately we did not have to pull the wool over his eyes. Stacy found a real one for him. It's a good thing too, because I dont think that he'd buy it. He'd have the reaction that Eliza had on survivor when Jason gave her the "idol" and she said "It's not the idol!....Because it's just a stick!"

(2) Family Kingdom. On our last night at the beach we went to family Kingdom. Growing up I thought that it paled in comparison to the Pavilion, but my kids loved it. Hey, I even got to show off my basketball skills, going one for one from the line at the rim that is just large enough allow the ball to pass through. I'm so good I think I should go pro.

(3) A warm beach. Much better than the Spring Break trip from the previous year, this trip was actually warm and we enjoyed the water without having to hide from a cold breeze.

(4) The lack of beach umbrella incidents. We were there for 8 nights and not once was I impaled by an umbrella. Amazing as that may seem, it's true.

(5) Checking out the pictures and video from the trip. There is plenty of footage that is cute now, but will definitely be a laugh later when the kids are older. Why, you may ask. Well, in the past the kids have had a rubbage problem. Any parent of a boy that has worn a bathing suit with a cheese grater lining knows exactly what I'm talking about. Playing on the beach, causes
"rubbage" on the inner thighs, causing the kids to walk like a bull rider after the ride of his life. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway, to avoid that scenario this year, we order the boys 2 Speedos each. They were them every trip to the beach, leaving the cheese grater variety packed away. I have to say, the Speedos suited them much more so than I would have thought. Needless to say, when the kids are little older and they think they're to cool for a Speedo, I'll have to break out the pictures....mwuhahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment