Friday, November 14, 2008

Early Christmas For Me

Jackson's school awards kids for good behavior. Each day they earn a color. If they remain green all day, that means that they were well behaved. I think the progression is green, yellow, red, blue (with blue resulting in a call to the child's parents). Anyway, for being green some many times, the kids earn tokens (called Braves' bills due to Satchel Ford being the Braves). These tokens can be turned in for items from the treasure box. The items could be candy, or small toys. Jackson is always very excited when he is able to choose something from the treasure box. Alex is not so happy because usually Jackson doesn't share as well as he should...but I digress.

On Wednesday when Alex and I went to pick Jackson up, he came walking down the hall with his hands behind his back and a big smile on his face. I asked him how his day was and if he was good. He said he was green! Then he told me that he wanted to give me a Christmas present but that I could have it now. I didn't have to wait for Christmas. I acted excited and asked him what it was. He moved his hands from behind his back to show me a florescent yellow golf ball. Excitedly he told me that he got to choose from the treasure box today and instead of getting something for himself, he saw the golf ball, knew that I loved golf and thought that it would be a great Christmas present for me. Awesome! I gave him a big hug and thanked him. I was very impressed with him thinking of me when he had a free shot at a toy. Of course Alex wanted me to share. :-)

What a nice early Christmas present!

No comments:

Post a Comment