Sunday, December 7, 2008

Game # 1

Jackson's first game. Upward Basketball. 5 practices so far. 1 game. It was great. This league doesn't keep score, so there are no winners or loser... it's like the old saying that "everyone is a winner".

I was very proud of my team. Of all of the things I taught them, they employed about 1/2 of 1 percent of it... but otherwise, they played and had fun. And they where very fun to watch. We have a few kids that are catching on to the basics pretty well and a few that would be picking flowers if flowers grew on the court. :-)

Jackson had a blast and I was very excited for him. He scored one basket and did a little dance to celebrate. If you put the celebrating in slow motion it would have looked like a commercial and finished with his pose in mid air when he jumped to celebrate; perhaps with a little slogan like "Mentos, the fresh maker" afterward or something like that.. It was both awesome and hilarious.

He also had the lone block. Of course he was super aggressive and blocked it wish both hands...hitting the kid's arm to causing a foul. It was almost a great block, but it did send the kid to the line. I didn't even realize this league had shooting fouls. The score keeper told me they only call those when it is a blatant shooting foul. They only called 3 all of last season. Lol. Jackson had teh first one this year. So aggressive. That's my boy!

We have 7 games to go. I cant wait to see how much fun we have and how much better we all get.

1 comment:

  1. Jackson's little dance reminded me of a Sound of Music song..."I flit, I float, I quickly flee I fly..."

    ReplyDelete