Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Movies

I haven't stopped by Blockbuster in a while, but I'm one of those people that rent in bunches. It's been a few months since renting anything, but we stopped by this weekend and picked up 2 for the kids and 3 for me. I say me, because Stacy usually doesn't have much interest in them. Anyway, I watched all three of them. Here are my reviews:

(1) X Files - I have to say that I was a HUGE fan back in the day. I loved the show and the first movie. It took them long enough to make the sequel. I would not say that this installment lived up to the first one. Rather, I'd compare it to one of the regular episodes, just stretched to movie length. It wasn't bad, and I was glad I watched, but also glad that I didn't rush to the theater to see it. I'd rate it a C+/B-.

(2) War of the Worlds - I heard no good reviews, but to me the previews looked good so I knew I'd eventually see it. Perhaps due to the my expectations, perhaps due to the movie content, I really enjoyed it. It was exciting and kept my attention for the entire movie. It shouldn't win any award but worth seeing. I'd give it a B.

(3) Step Brothers - If you like Will Ferrell and John C Reilly, you'll love it. If not, you wont. It's crude and stupid and in my opinion, pretty damned funny. I laughed out loud so many times during the movie. I Love this sort of comedy. In part due to the movie and in part due to this movie bringing Ferrell back from the depths of Talladega Nights, I have to rate it A-. I'm glad to see he is back in true form and that he was funny for the entire movie. He and John C Reilly were hilarious together. If you haven't seen it (and you dont mind crude humor and language), you have to check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment