Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Let me give a disclaimer for this post, because I struggled with me PC last night I didn't get the videos loaded. I hope to load them tonight. For now here is the post.


Well, I survived all of the water sports. As I said I would, I attempted to ski. I was rather happy with the results. It felt like I had only stopped skiing a few weeks ago, although it's really been years...with the exception of a one day trial last year. I skied on two, then dropped one and it felt great. Then a storm cut the day short.
The next day, I tried out the knee board and it too, felt great. I was able to do everything I wanted to cutting, a little jumping, even some 360s. Then I decided that I needed to attempt to stand on the board. Maybe not my best idea. I was quickly reminded that I'm now 31 years old and not quite as versed in water sports as I once was. What am I saying? I'm saying I busted my ass... not once but twice...but I'll hold on to that 5-10 seconds that I swerved back and forth trying to gain my balance. Ha. It was very fun and no doubt fun to watch and I busted it!
The highlight of the day, however, was not my knee boarding. Nor was it any of the adult skiing (which included runs by my mom, my brother, my sister in law, and myself). It was the first try at knee boarding by both of my kids, and the attempt at skiing by Jackson. It was awesome. I was so proud.
Unfortunately, we did not have any skis that could be tied together for Jackson to learn with so he managed the best he could. On the last try we had rigged the skis together with some fishing line. Next time we'll have the real deal ready. Regardless, I think his attempts were amazing. I assumed he and Alex would want to quit after one failed attempt each. Not the case. They were total troopers. Check out Jackson's first skiing run...



Like I said, next time we'll have the tied skis ready to go. After the skis, we attempted to knee board. Jackson and Alex both really tried and went above and beyond anything I would have hoped for. They both did great. It's funny to watch little kids knee board, because they have the luxury of kneeling on the board and floating before it ever stops. I remember when my brother used to do the same thing some 20 years ago...but I digress. Both kids did an amazing job. Check them out below...




See. Weren't those pretend videos amazing?

I was so proud of how well they did and cant wait to go back for round number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment