Tuesday, July 22, 2008

lake vacation

I'm currently in the middle of vacation number two of the summer. We opted out of our normal trip to Myrtle beach, due in no part to the beach umbrella impalement, for a more relaxing trip to my parents house on lake Greenwood. So far it's been great. Unlike the first vacation, I have not been waking up early to run. This is due to the diagnosis I received from the Orthopedist. Although I felt like something was cracked or worse, it turns out that I'm just a baby. Ok, maybe not a baby, but in truth the problem was just severe tendinitis. That is both a relief and a shock. I had idea tendinitis could be so painful. As it turns out, all those pro athletes that I thought were total wusses by sitting out with a case of tendinitis, were really in pain. I now feel for them and realize that they're not just big babies. You can either believe me and trust they're in pain or you can deem me a wussy too. Anyway, along with the diagnosis, I was also given instructions to do tons of stretches (given to me on a handout), and no athletic activities for two weeks. No basketball. No running. Ugh. That sucks. Guess what? It's now been two weeks and tomorrow morning I play to run, water ski, and knee board. I cant wait. Although I've rested, I cant say that I've stayed away from all activities. After all, I've played golf and ridden jets skis, and "raced" with Jackson and Alex. The rest has done me some good though. Between that and my stretches, I'm feeling better. Not perfect but better, so tomorrow I plan to get back on track. Ok, I digress, but the point was that I'm having fun but haven't been exercising.
I have however, been playing in the water, jet skiing, swimming in the nearby club pool, having water gun fights, swimming, and totally relaxing. It's been great. The food has also been very good. As can be expected on one of our vacations, we've eaten every dinner out, most lunches and even one brunch. Not one bad meal in the bunch. Man, I love to eat!
The weather has been outstanding...hot, but within reason. Well, within reason if you have a lake to jump in to cool off. Ok, it's been damn hot, but we've enjoyed it. We've coated the boys in 70 SPF and had no burns as of yet, although Alex now looks to be totally native American at this point. It's crazy how well you can tan thought 70!
The boys are loving the lake. I'll have a follow-up post just on them in a few days with pictures.
There is not much else to say for now, but perhaps after I take my chances at knee boarding and skiing tomorrow (after a few years off), I may have more to say. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment