Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hoops follow-up

Well, I cant claim to have completely turned it around, but I played better than I did two weeks ago and had a great time in the process. I felt better on the court, felt more comfortable on defense and even my shooting began to feel natural again (although my shots are still not falling). I finished the game 0 for 3, with 2 points coming off of my shooting 2 for 2 from the line. I also had a few blocks, one of which was with such authority that it not only took us to overtime, but was also reminiscent of a spike in volleyball. I loved it. Much like my rounds of golf that often top 100, but are remembered because of that one 40 foot putt or that one iron shot placed inches from the cup, I'll remember this basketball game for that block. The fact that I shot poorly wont matter, because that block (like the perfect long iron shot) keeps me coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment