Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm getting old

A short basketball update. Last night consisted of the good, the bad and the ugly. In jumbled order, the ugly is our team's record (1-3), the good is that my play has improved as has my shooting (3 of 5 for 7 points), and the bad is that I'm getting old!
I'm only 31 but at times I fell much older. Specifically, my right leg has been riddled with nagging injuries for some time (ankle, knee, hip, hamstring, calf - you name it). Most recently my hip has been bothering me, which brings up thoughts of old people falling with a broken hip and saying "I've fallen and I cant get up". I can run without much pain, but side to side movements have gotten progressively more nagging. It's been something that I have, like many other people, decided to put off in hopes that it would just get better. Last night's game made me rethink delaying any longer. I called Moore Orthopedic for an appointment and they are seeing me this afternoon. Luckily I am seeing one of the doctors that specializes in sports medicine, but I still feel as if I'll be surrounded by people twice my age with hip problems. It kind of makes me laugh. Anyway, I'm 31 and old!

1 comment: