Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Love Technology

I used to think that a phone was a phone. If you can call, that is good enough. My perceptions have transformed over the past couple years. It was a multi-step process.

Step One - A few years back I had a really old, basic phone. I only made calls, but texting was the rage so when it was time for a new phone I looked for a phone that made that easy.

Step Two - Probably 3-4 years ago I upgraded my phone to the LG enV. I loved the additional texting capabilities.

Step Three - Texting was no longer the only item to have, so I purchased the data access plan for my phone. The interfaced totally sucked, but I had the ability to check my email, check movie times, and keep current on the news. That was enough for me....at least for the moment.

Step Four - I see the commercials for these cool new phones with actual web browsers for portable devices (iPhone, Blackberry, Q, etc...), not like the antiquated tab based browser my enV employs. After seeing those commercials, actually checking out some of the phones and their newer browsers and the user friendliness of their interfaces, mine then sucked by comparison.

Step Five - Yesterday I acquired a Blackberry, transferred my service, and wow! Queue the music for the heavenly sounds with a bright light shining from my new phone. It is awesome. Not only do I have texting, but I have Internet browsing with and actual browser, which is scrollable by a mouse! I have an awesome interface directly to my GMail without having to open a browser and navigate to the site. The same is true of the facebook interface. All of that and it takes no time to load. I instant access. I'm totally sold and there's no looking back.

Step Six - Contentment.

Step Seven - Realization that this cool new phone not only has a data plan, but get this: it can make and receive calls too. Amazing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment