Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

Today is the first day of the new year. I expected to watch football all day yesterday and today. Instead, I spent yesterday playing with the kids and working around the house and in the yard. Although that was not my original intention, it was very fulfilling. Today was more of the same. We have watched part of the both the USC/Iowa and Clemson/Nebraska games in between our work and play. I do want to watch the entire Rose Bowl, but who knows if that plan will plan out. Anyway, I've enjoyed the little football I've actually sat down to watch and I feel good about what I've gotten done.
What I've done:
Raked the entire back yard... doesn't sound like much, but it had been a long time...
Painted two rooms.
Took down Christmas decorations.
Laid cement on the sagging porch.
Ran 4 miles.
Played basketball with the kids.
Played football with the kids.
Played Monopoly Junior with the kids.

Ok, I have to go to watch the end of the Clemson game...and I mean ACTUALLY WATCH this time.

It's been a good two days. A good end to 2008 and a good start to 2009. May this year be worse than all future years to come, yet better than any we've experienced thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment