Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it Snow!

We didn't tell the kids last night that school was canceled due to a chance of snow. To be honest, after having lived most of my life in South Carolina, I know that there is typically a huge overreaction when there is the slightest chance of snow. I didn't want to get Jackson and Alex's hopes up for snow when it may not come.

It turns out that my boys were able to see their first snow today. We woke them up at 7:20 to see the flurries start. They spent most of the day going out and playing, then coming in to warm up. They loved it. Oh, and by the way...none of it stuck. It was just fun to be outside while snow was falling. It has fallen off an on all day long, but the ground was too warm so it didn't stick. Who cares? Not my kids. They played basketball most of the day, ran and played, and tried to eat flakes as they fell. It's awesome to see how much fun they have. I hope that soon they'll see real snow on the ground to make snow balls and snow men, but for now this will do. Here are a few shots from today:










No comments:

Post a Comment