Thursday, September 4, 2008

watching the games

I'm sitting here watching the football games. Giants vs Redskins. No surprise there. I suspected the Giants would win by 17 or so. Right now that looks about right. Plaxico Burress is a beast. If he stays healthy.... it will be another good year for New York.
We flipped to the Carolina/Vandy game. I am a Carolina fan and route for them in all but 1 game every year...that one game is the Vandy game.
Have I always loved Vanderbilt? No. I have always respected teams that have athletes that must meet very high academic standards, yet they also achieve on the field. Vandy is one of those teams. For the past few years Vanderbilt has been on the verge of being really good. Unfortunately, they lost a lot of close games the past few seasons. Hopefully this year, the close games will go their way. Oh, and the real reason that I cheer for Vandy is their coach. Coach Bobby Johnson was my head coach during my 4 years playing for Furman University. I really like him and think that he is a good coach. I wish him the best where ever he coaches. Right now that place is Vanderbilt, so I say "Go Commodores!"

2 comments:

  1. Go smart athletic boys! Its nice to see the thuggy teams go down every now and then. No offense to anybody...I like thugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very sad to see my Gamecocks lose last night. But, I do respect Vandy for their policies concerning athletics.

    ReplyDelete