Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where's My Desk?!

Five weeks ago I posted about our house improvements, which included the purchase of a new desk. It was on order From Ashley Furniture and was to be picked up in 4-6 weeks. In case anyone missed the local news story about Ashley Furniture, they're closing both Columbia stores and stores in Georgia and Virginia. Local TV coverage made it sound pretty dismal for people like us that are waiting on furniture. Their stories were about people who spent tons of money and were in the limbo of not receiving the furniture they paid for nor a refund. Of course I heard this and started calling...

Local numbers - no answer

Corporate number
- there is a special message for people that used the Columbia store specifying that we should call this other number for help

The other number - on hold, after 2 minutes there is a message about a difficulty and it hangs up.

I tried the other number off and on for a few hours. I was beginning to become concerned that the local news story was correct and we were screwed. Finally I was able to get through to a real person and she told me that all Columbia files are being uploaded to another store and each outstanding order will be filled and the buyers will be called one by one to have this explained. I was relieved, yet no fully. I'll be more relieved when I hear from that other store and even more so once I have my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment