Saturday, September 27, 2008

Somebody Stop Her!

Stacy is on a roll. This morning we did the Dam Run, which is a 10K. This was her third race in a row in which she placed in her age group. She finished second in her class. On top of that achievement, she rocked her best 10K time, improving by about 18 minutes! This was the year she became a runner, and to this point she had only done 5Ks. When she took that step to compete in a 10K, she did it right! Congrats Stacy, and keep up the good work!

I also participated in the race, although I did not fair quite as well. I was happy to have achieved my goal of averaging 7:45 per mile. I barely slid in under the cutoff, averaging 7:44. Talk about cutting it close! I sure am glad I finished hard at the finish line. Anyway, regardless of my achieving an individual goal, I was far from placing in my age group. The 30-34 year old men's class is very competitive, and to place I would have had to take off 1:20.....PER MILE!!! Still, I was happy with my time of 48:03.

No comments:

Post a Comment