Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Joe the Plumber

I think we should all defer to Joe. He is obviously the one that both candidates were competing for during the last debate. It was crazy how oft they addressed Joe, rather than the American people. I found some humor in that fact.
As a whole: did McCain close the gap? Did Obama pull away?
I'm not sure, but I will say that:
(1) The finger pointing and blame game has gotten worse. It's not flattering for either of them.
(2) McCain was better at getting his points across than he was in the last two debates. He also had a more mocking tone in his responses to Obama's points... whether this will be perceived as good or bad I dont know.
(3) Obama continued to do a good job getting his points across. Negatively, he got hung up on his words a few times... taking a little away from his being such an eloquent speaker.
(4) McCain called out Obama more than before. However Obama responded to each allegation very well and seemed to diffuse the attacks.

Due to a combination of 2 and 3, I'd say that this debate was more even than the last, but was not the huge showing that McCain needed to surpass Obama.

Take my comments for what they are worth. I'm not an undecided voter. I have made my choice, but I try my best to give an unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment