Friday, October 3, 2008

Reading for the Trip

Before my trip to Nashua, I had started a new book entitled House, written in a collaborative effort by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. If you don't know these authors, they do Christian themed books. I had never read any of their books and to tell you the truth I accidentally picked it up off of the Christian table at the book store. I am not against reading those books, but what little I have read from there tended to focus more on the religious message and lack other content. In any event, I read this one.

House was an interesting story that consisted of a group of people being trapped in a house and trying to find their way out. Supernatural things happen to make their escape difficult. I wont say any more.

It was a good story. It sucked me in. A page turner if you will. That being said, they need a better editor. Grammatical errors in may places, misused words, etc...(kind of like my blog :-) ) I really didn't care, but did notice. I enjoyed the story as it progressed. The "spiritual side" was only an element near the end, and I liked that the focus was not on that portion of the story. They did a good job and giving that the needed focus, but letting the the story build without it.

I'd rate the book a B+ and would read books by both of these authors again. My accidental choosing of this book may just lead me back to that table again. Thanks to Peretti and Dekker for exposing me to more genres that I'd not have ventured into before.

No comments:

Post a Comment