Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happiness

In the midst of an unpleasant economic situation, I find myself somehow unaffected by it. Well, that is not entirely true; my 401K is feeling. However I remain optimistic. I think that whomever earns the presidency will help ensure that the bailout money is used well, and that the country is moving the right direction.
Anyway, I remain optimistic and in general quite happy.
Why am I happy?
- I get to sit at home and watch football all weekend, with my biggest concern being whether or not a given game is broadcast in HD.
- I have a wonderful family.
- my kids are awesome.
- Jackson is really catching on to this thing called school. In preschool he wasn't in to reading and such, but as a first grader he is driven and doing very well.
- Alex, who was a sickly premature baby, is NOW a strong kids who turns 5 years old tomorrow. It is hard to believe he is the same child who spent the first days of his life with his head under oxygen in a contraption that looked like a casserole dish over his head. He is now strong and healthy and happy!
- I have a happy strong marriage with a wonderful wife.
- I'm getting better at golf.
- I am regaining my drive in athletics. Stacy and I have started doing road races and I'm loving it. I'm in shape and constantly improving.
- I have a good job. Perhaps this is part of the reason the economy is not making me worry too much. I have what feel to be a secure position and am happy to be with Southeastern Freight Lines. I'm also optimistic about our company's future.

What would make me more happy?
- If my kids continue to excel.
- If Stacy and I continue to do well at Southeastern.
- If my high school (Ninetysix), which my brother coaches for, continues it's good run and wins the state championship.
- If Furman continues it's good season and makes the playoffs.
- If I won the lottery. :-)
- If a friend won the lottery and decided that I was such a good friend that he/she felt i deserved to retire too. :-)
- If I continue to get better at golf.
- If I get to play golf more frequently.
- If Barack Obama continues to soar and wins the presidency.
- If our economy makes a permanent turn for the better.
- Did I mention the lottery?

No comments:

Post a Comment