Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mancation

Every once in a while it's nice to have a mancation. Also known as a guy's weekend; a variation of guy's night out. Anyway, I had just such a weekend this weekend. Actually, it was a golf weekend. Santee trip number 2.

We stayed 2 nights at Wyboo golf course, played both Wyboo and Wyboo TPC. Of course that was not enough, so I opted to work a half day off of work on Friday so that I could get in one more round at Santee National. It was a really good time and my scores have gotten progressively better. I tend to shoot somewhere around 100...give or take a few strokes. This weekend I may not have put up my best score ever (90), but I did play what I would consider the best golf that I've ever played. I put up scores of 97, 93, and 94 this weekend, while adding in a 45 for a 9 hole replay on Saturday. I was very happy with my play and cant wait to hit the course again.

Also, we played cards both nights which I thoroughly enjoyed. I love to hang out and play cards, watch football, and basically just have a good time....and that is what we did. The best game we watched was Vandy/Auburn. Go VANDY!

After 2 nights away on mancation, I was ready to come home and see the family. The boys were very excited to see me and we've had fun all afternoon since I've returned. Also, Stacy was very ready for a much needed break! Thanks to Stacy for playing single mom while I was gone. I appreciate it and it gave me a much needed long weekend of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment