Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Basketball Update

We are not good.

We hustled well last night. I actually felt a little better handling the ball, rebounding, and even blocking shots....but my shooting was atrocious. In fact, the entire team shot poorly. I dont think we possess enough money to buy a bucket.

Let me tell you a short story of how the game ended. We're down by 2 with 18 seconds left. I get the ball and dribble down the court (which I dont do very often). Keep in mind that I'm 0 for 5 for the game. I see an opening so I drive to the basket only to be cut off by decent defense. What do I do? Of course I force the shot, driving beneath the goal to attempt a reverse layup.
If this were a fairy tale, I'd have made the shot, been fouled, and made the free throw for the win. This was not a fairytale. In reality, I actually did get fouled. Thank God, because I totally missed the shot anyway. I had two free throws to follow. The first was....well...my first air ball of the season.... not pretty. My partial saving grace was that I made the second one. The other team, or the "bad guys" as I like to call them, inbound the ball and we foul. Their shooter makes 1 of 2. We get the ball back. Somehow I end up handling the ball again...down by 2 again.... I find an open man (who happens to be one of our two good shooters). He pulls up for a 3 and is fouled. So much for being one of our good shooters. He misses all 3 and the final 0.9 ticks off the clock. We lose yet another one.

As I said, we are not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment