Sunday, August 24, 2008

The First Tee Time Rocks

Stacy and I teed off early this morning. We were supposed to be the third tee time, but the first two groups cancelled so we were first off. It was a very fun round. Not to mention, being first meant no waiting! I love an early round so that I can finish quickly and have the rest of the day to enjoy. Which, by the way, is what we are doing. We are already in Greenville to pick up the kids from Stacy's parents. We arrived before they even returned from church, and that was only possible due to our early round!

After a ten year respite, Stacy picked her clubs back up and really improved all throughout the round. And best of all, she had fun. I also had a great time, and put up a decent score for myself.

I shot 49, 47, which for me is pretty good. Although I have shot a 90 before, I'm one of those people that have the goal to break 100 every time I go out. I dont always succeed, but today was a good round. The back nine felt really good. I had 2 pars and a birdie. Unfortunately I also let two snowmen creep in. In case you are wondering, snowmen are 8s and they kill a scorecard.
I plan to get out once (and twice if I'm lucky) before an upcoming golf weekend on September 6th and 7th. I need to hone my skills a bit, so I'm not a total donkey on the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment