Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jackson is a First Grader

School resumed on Monday. Jackson is in a new class, with a new teacher, and new class-mates. He was disappointed that his crew from kindergarten was not in his class. They are all in different classes, which is disappointing for him, but possible the best scenario for his education! Anyway, after day one was over I asked him about it and he was excited. I think he is going to like it. The funniest part though, was his response to my question about what he learned. Of course the first day is more orientation that anything, but I still asked the question, "Jackson, what did you learn at school today". With a total straight face and true excitement, he responded, "I learned that in first grade you dont have to raise your hand to go to the bathroom or to get water. You can just go." I had to laugh.

Alex also went back to daycare. More of the same for him, but now he is the big fish in the little pond. I'm sure he'll love it!

1 comment:

  1. Jackson is going to love first grade! It's the excitement of being a big kid (real desks, no recess with kindergarteners), but all the fun of lower grades (no multiplication or long division). Good luck to Jackson!

    ReplyDelete