Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Love Fantasy Football

I am in three leagues this year. That is in addition to two pick'em leagues and one eliminator league... What can I say? I love football. If you aren't a football person, you can stop reading now.

Tonight I had my first draft. It was just short of 3 hours long. 12 teams. 15 starts. 10 bench spots. That is the most players I've ever seen used in a league. Anyway, my team is listed below. If you're a fantasy football guy, take notes... this is team that is put together with a late pick. I missed some of the talent at the skill positions, but hopefully made up for it with my plethora of talent at DL. Without further adieu, here is my team:

1 QB - Peyton Manning (bench: Tarvaris Jackson)
3 WR - Marvin Harrison, Roddy White, Chris Chambers (bench: DJ Hacket, Devin Hester)
2 RB - Frank Gore, Willie Parker (bench: Kevin Jones, Warrick Dunn)
1 TE - Todd Heap (bench: Donald Lee)
1 W/R- Javon Walker
1 K - Adam Vinatieri (bench: Phil Dawson)
2 D - Demarcus Ware, Aaron Kampman
2 DL - Mario Williams, Trent Cole (bench: Osi Umenyiora)
2 DB - Champ Bailey, DeAngelo Hall (bench: Antoine Bethea, Leon Hall)

I'm pretty excited. I missed out on a few guys I thought I'd be able to pick up (Michael Turner, Plaxico Buress, even Matt Schaub late in the draft), but I think it will be a good season. Wish me luck!

The Olympics have been fun, but I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment