Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weekend Fun

This should be a fun weekend.

First off, we're shipping the kids to Stacy's parents for two nights. Friday afternoon I'll be picking them up from school, then pickup Stacy up and heading to Greenville. We'll hang out for a while, eat some delicious home cooking, then turn around and come back to Columbia. I know; that sounds tiring

Saturday is race day. In our current pursuit of fitness, Stacy and I have devoted ourselves to run a race every few weeks. She did the Hot Summer's Night run a few weeks back (when I was the gimp with the bum hip). Tomorrow we're both doing the Flying Saucer 5K Beer Run. It's a small venue, but it's a race, which means we'll be putting in the miles and we'll be doing it against other runners, which drives you to run harder.
This will actually be the first time I recall running a 5K. I've done a few 10Ks, and even 2 8Ks over the past 5 years. I've never been in shape though. Now I am...at least to a point. It will be nice to start putting some real times together. I believe that to achieve you have to set high goals...so for Saturday I'm shooting for 7:00 mile pace, for a 21:44 over-all. Wish me luck!

Sunday is going to be a fun day too. Stacy and I have an early tee time. I'm not a great golfer, but I love to play. Stacy has not played golf since we played together when we were both learning....over 10 years ago. She bought some clubs months ago and we hit around the yard. Sunday will be the first trip to the course. I'm excited about it, and I think she is too. Wish us both luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment